Thursday, April 30, 2015

ORC Week 5

Week 5!?
Well, that seemed to go by fast!
Welcome back friends!
This is the second to last post of the One Room Challenge Spring 2015 brought to you by
eeek!!

I have been working on my master bedroom..,

But, 
lets be honest.
I am a little nervous.
Like- bitting my nails nervous!
(gross, I know)

Here's the deal-O..,
I decided to go custom on a few pieces.

#1 Fireplace
The woodwork is complete.
Still needs to be painted and stucco'd
My painter was suppose to come Monday.
But,  I have to go out of town that day to help an out-of-state client.
This could be a major problem....

#2 Custom Nightstands
I heard from my carpenter that they were done and at the painters.
good news!
but...
The steel frame bottoms, as of tuesday, haven't been started.
Another big question mark, 
if it will get done in time.

Thats the problem when you go custom.
Everyone has their own schedule. 
Which I totally understand. 
The last thing I want to do, is rush someone for my deadline.

So 
I sit and wait.
twiddle my thumbs.
It will be all fantastic, once the room is done..,
I am just not sure that will be next week.

The good news is..

These babies were delivered on tuesday




I had hoped they would be up before this post.
But my electrician could not come until tomorrow.
other people's schedules.., again;)

I will post a picture once they are up.

In the meantime,
I have a lot of this...

(it keeps my mind off my ORC room..)


A certain soon-to-be 7 year old asked for a 
Minecraft birthday party.

20 little boys will be at my house on Saturday.
I wouldn't have it any other way.


Make sure you check out the other participants here.
Hopefully they have all been a little bit more productive this week.
Its down to the wire!
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Love that light, can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia - I just ordered these same sconces and love them! Can't wait to see yours installed (we have weeks until ours arrive so I'll be living vicariously through you in the meantime). Good luck with finishing up your room!

    ReplyDelete